Tuesday, June 8, 2010

         Gardenology


Gardening always takes me back to when I was a little girl, spending the Summer with my Grandparents in Kentucky. I still like to play barefoot in the dirt!



Each day, new growth and then the joy of picking. 

 

My Grandmother made the best peach cobbler. Yummy!!!



Fresh cut flowers all Summer. My Grandmother's favorite were Sweetpeas.




Who can resist popping these?



Everytime I pick a bouquet of flowers, pick fresh fruits and vegetables, make a pie or cobbler, I feel my Grandmother is with me.
A lovely gift from a lovely woman


XOXO
Sandra

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandra,
    What beautiful photos! I too am reminded of my grandmothers vegetable garden everytime I eat home grown tomatoes! Her garden was amazing, it could also have been the glorious southern soil! Everything tastes better in the South!
    I will be in So Cal in July sometime and I can't wait to stop by the barn!
    Have a great week.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete